Abstract submission was possible until February 24, 2021.
Author notifications about acceptance were sent on April 19, 2021.
Deadline for abstract submission: Wednesday, February 24, 2021, 23:55:00 CET
There will be no extension of deadline but we accept late posters (see information below)!
Author notifications will be sent in April 2021.
Speakers of symposia, workshops, plenary lectures and introductory course may submit their oral abstract until April 30, 2021 by the latest.
In 2021, the registration and payment and abstract submission work indepent from each other in order to meet the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic. This gives a flexibility for travel plannings. If the poster abstract will be accepted (information early April 2021), a binding registration and payment is required until April 28, 2021. Otherwise the poster abstract will be cancelled by the organization. Please note that you are not registered for the conference when you have submitted an abstract! Details for registration and cancellation policies are available below in General Terms and Conditions as well as in menu item Registration & Accommodation.
Furthermore, an abstract handling fee will be charged upon the abstract submission was done. Please find more information below.
For further information please follow the links below
Deadline for late poster submission: June 1, 2021.
After the submission for regular poster abstracts is closed, late poster can be send to be presented in the virtual conference.
Please note that these late posters will not be listed in official abstract publications or the Glia Journal E-Only Supplement of Wiley. But they will be listed in the poster presentation corner of the virtual conference.
The first author needs to be registered for the online meeting and only one poster per participant is allowed.
For late poster submission, please send the following information to email@example.com:
- Poster title
- Authors (A. Expample, B. Example2, etc.), first author highlighted
- Affiliations, assigned to the authors
- Email adress of first author for further correspondence
- By submitting the late poster to the above mentioned email adress, the first author agrees to publication of all details within the virtual conference.
All main authors were informed about the acceptance of their poster on April 19, 2021. If you did not get any e-mail notification please contact the Meeting Secretariat via e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone at +49 351 65573139.
Poster presentation is adapted to the online event format:
- from June 28 (preliminary phase): posters are available as pdf files for individual viewing
- July 5 to 9 (active phase): posters can be discussed individually in poster sessions per day (see menu scientific program)
- until August 31 (video on demand): posters are availabe for individual viewing
Explanation of poster numbers
T01 = topic number
999 = serial number within one topic
A/B/C/D/E = poster session (day of presentation)
Poster sessions/ day of presentation
Session A: Monday, July 5
Session B: Tuesday, July 6
Session C: Wednesday, July 7
Session D: Thursday, July 8
Session E: Friday, July 9
Please find the presentation times in menu scientific program.
Information for authors
- Pdf poster files need to be uploaded until
June 1June 24; detailed instructions (access to upload platform, size/ resolution, etc.) were sent by email on May 18, 2021 (link to upload platform)
- Poster discussions will take place individually during the networking/ poster session each day. Please find your day of presentation explained above. It is expected that the main author is present at the virtual poster discussion area that interested participants get in contact with you – individually or in groups. There will be video meetings. Further instructions will be given by email in good time before.
- Because the pdf poster files will be available online for all registered delegates we highly recommend to include a copyright notice in your file!
Publication of accepted abstracts
All accepted abstracts will be published at the Wiley E-Only Supplement to Glia Journal.
An abstract is considered accepted if a corresponding notification of abstract acceptance has been sent and the first author has paid in the registration fee and abstract handling fee in full until April 28, 2021. The meeting organizer reserves the right to withdraw accepted abstracts if both fees have not been paid within the time limit.
The abstract will be published as submitted. The authors are responsible for the correctness and completeness of the content as well as the correct listing of authors and their affiliations.
Please make sure that your abstract is ready for publishing! You may check your data with your login in the abstract system.
If you need to change anything, please see paragraph Abstract editing below. The final deadline for all modifications is April 28, 2021!
The prerequisite for the publication of the abstract is that the main author is fully registered for the congress. The deadline for registration for main authors is April 28. If no registration and payment is received, the abstract will be excluded from publication!
Access to abstract management system
Authors are able to access to their accounts at any time. There you can see and download your abstract, see the current status and edit it after getting the activation by the meeting secretariat. Please use the link in the blue button above to be directed to the abstract management system.
Abstract editing is possible free of charge until the deadline for abstract submission and early registration, i.e. February 24, 2021. Please log in to your account and make the necessary changes. After February 24, you need to contact email@example.com; your account will be reopened for a short time period. A handling fee of 10,00 EUR will be charged for each further abstract editing. The final deadline for abstract editing is April 28, 2021.
Abstract handling fee
In 2021, an abstract handling fee of 120.00 EUR will be charged upon the poster abstract submission was done. The fee will be invoiced within two weeks after completing the abstract submission and sent to the main author of the abstract by email. The payment deadline is two weeks.
This fee covers all expenditures related to abstract management, publication in the Glia Journal as well as the poster presentation online and onsite. In general it is not refundable, only in case the abstract would be rejected by the meeting organizers.
This handling fee is not the registration fee for abstract authors; they still have to register and pay the appropriate registration fee until April 28, 2021. But it will be set off against the registration fee which means that the registration fee will be reduced by the abstract handling fee of 120.00 EUR.
Please note the general rules for abstract submission:
- It is only possible to submit an abstract for poster presentation. The lecture program only consits of the symposia and workshops, which were selected in June 2020 after an application process.
- It is only possible to submit one abstract per participant.
- The registered participant is automatically the first author and will be the presenting author of the poster.
- All abstracts submitted prior to deadline will be published in a supplement to the journal GLIA.
- Plenary speakers and speakers in symposia, workshops and the introductory course are entitled to present one poster in addition to their oral presentation.
Please adhere to the following submission guidelines:
- First of all, create your own account in the above linked abstract management system.
- All speakers of the lecture programm have received a code for their registration. This enables submission of the abstract for oral presentation and additionally one poster abstract.
- During the abstract submission, you need to assign your abstract in one of the given topics (see below) and choose one to three related keywords.
- The following components are required: title of abstract, author(s) names, authors’ affiliations, text body (max. 2800 incl. spaces), acknowledgement (optional), references (optional).
- Please follow the instructions within the form for abstract submission.
- You are allowed to add two figures to your abstract. The file must adhere to the following requirements (upload as jpg file, minimum resolution 800 px, maximum size 2 MB, enter a meaningful headline that you may reference in the abstract content).
- After checking your contribution don’t forget to klick the green button “finalize your submission” at the end of the page; otherwise the abstract submisison is not completed.
List of topics for poster presentation
The list of topics will be used for sessioning the posters. You can select one session only.
- T01 – Cell migration
- T02 – Cell proliferation, lineages and differentiation
- T03 – Cell signalling
- T04 – Cytoskeleton
- T05 – Degenerative disease, toxicity and neuroprotection
- T06 – (Energy) Metabolism
- T07 – Extracellular matrix and cell adhesion molecules
- T08 – Gene expression and transcription factors
- T09 – Glial-neuronal interactions
- T10 – Ischemia and hypoxia
- T11 – Memory and learning
- T12 – Myelin
- T13 – Neural stem/progenitor cells
- T14 – Neuroimmunology and neuroinflammation
- T15 – Neurovascular interactions
- T16 – Regeneration and repair
- T17 – Transmitter receptors, ion channels and gap junctions
- T18 – Trophic factors
- T19 – Tumours
- T20 – Glial diversity
- T21 – Neuromodulation by glia
- T22 – Psychiatric diseases
- T23 – Glia – glia interaction
Stipends are offered for young researchers. Application was possible from February 24, 2021 to April 28, 2021. Please find all information in menu Stipend.